German police arrest Muslim convert over bomb plot scare
German police on Wednesday arrested a 27-year-old convert to Islam on fears he was planning a bomb attack, but later said they found no evidence to back the suspicion.
"The suspicion has not been confirmed," a police spokesman said.
"No dangerous objects were found in the (individual's) apartment," he added.
The spokesman also rejected media reports that material linked to the Islamic State jihadist group had been uncovered.
The man is still being questioned by police.
Police had earlier announced the arrest of the unidentified man in the northeastern state of Brandenburg over fears that he had been planning an "explosive attack".
Germany suffered two attacks claimed by the Islamic State organisation in July -- an axe rampage on a train in Wuerzburg and a suicide bombing in Ansbach.
In Wuerzburg, the 17-year-old attacker was shot dead by police after injuring five people. In Ansbach, 15 people were injured after a failed Syrian asylum-seeker detonated an explosive device outside a music festival, killing himself.
© 2016 AFP