Saudi-led coalition announces end of Yemen ceasefire

Advertising

Riyadh (AFP)

A Saudi-led coalition battling Iran-backed rebels in Yemen announced the end Saturday of a ceasefire that had been violated on a daily basis since it was declared last month.

The "coalition leadership announces the end of the truce in Yemen starting from 1400" (1100GMT) on Saturday, the alliance said in a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.

The ceasefire announced on December 15 has come to an end due to the continuous rebel "attacks on the kingdom's territories by firing ballistic missiles towards Saudi cities, targeting Saudi border posts, and hampering aid operations," it said.