Yaya Toure issues apology to Manchester City over minsunderstandings
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure apologised to the club on Friday for "misunderstandings from the past".
City manager Pep Guardiola said in September that he would not pick Toure until his agent Dimitri Seluk apologised for criticising the decision to omit him from the squad for the group stages of the Uefa Champions League.
Writing on his Facebook page, Touré said: "I wish to apologise - on behalf of myself and those who represent me – to the management team and all those working at the club."
The 33-year-old added that he wanted to help City succeed further.
Seluk said Touré had been humiliated when he was not included in City's Champions League squad.
Guardiola, who was Barcelona boss when Touré was sold to City in 2010, responded at the time by saying: "Seluk must apologise. If he doesn't, he won't play. I cannot accept as a coach, when his player doesn't play, going to the media to speak and speak and speak."
"Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there," added Touré, who has not played for City since 24 August.
"I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.
I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club's history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.
"On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family."
Toure, a four-time African footballer of the year, has scored 75 goals in 267 appearances for City since his arrival from Barcelona.
He was won the Premier League twice, the FA Cup and two League Cups during his time in England.
In 2015, he led Cote d’Ivoire to the Africa Cup of Nations trophy. Hervé Renard’s side beat Ghana to lift the crown for the first time since 1992.
Daily newsletterReceive essential international news every morningSubscribe